Monday, October 30, 2006

winterizing


toy piano
Originally uploaded by anneke boudreau.
I have been journaling since 5th grade and every year around my birthday and new year's I used to read at least one journal. I stopped a few years ago when there were too many of them and I started looking forward more often than backward. Someday I will do something with them, but until then they sit in a box in the garage deteriorating.

This year, it's been easy to retrace my footsteps. At this time last year, I was letting go of work, this year I am trying to embrace it again.

Last year, I was shedding my "old skin" and preparing to be a mother - wondering who I would be, what my child would be like, how J would change. This year, I have been meditating daily for 3 weeks and am feeling the shifts in my awareness. I haven't been blogging much - I haven't found the words to describe the lint in my navel. ;) I have been joining the trees and plants in winterizing - slowing down for the winter, storing up energy for the dark days, and preparing for new blossoms...but I feel as if the blooms will come sooner than spring, I think they will show their color in the next few months.

Each day in my meditation, I set my intention as follows. It continues to evolve, but throughout my day when I find myself uncertain I go through these points and at least one of them helps me find my way forward:
  • To create a kick-ass life for me and my family.
  • To live without fear and judgement, especially of myself.
  • To *enjoy* using my talents to serve humanity - it doesn't have to be everyone at once, one person at a time will do.
I'll give some examples soon.

In the meantime, here are some new photos of Z and his toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home