Tuesday, August 30, 2005

him

At first I thought we were having a girl, then after the 1st ultrasound (and we met "the trampolinist") I thought boy and Xavier thought boy (our 4-year old friend). Lately, I've been reading, "Mother-Daughter Wisdom" and was thinking girl again. But, at dinner last night the card said, "Boys have those."

We saw brain, heart, arteries, organs, bones, backbone, legs, hands, feet, nose, lips...and during the 30 minutes he flipped around 3 times. I felt the movements as I watched the screen and hope I can now distinguish head from legs.

At Pasta Bella, in our dark corner, we started listing names: Tyrone (Ty) and Maurice (Mo) are favorites, although we're still looking. We also started making up names using objects, verbs, etc. "Perriwinkle Vinegar" had me laughing so hard I almost hurt myself.

J said, "I hope he looks like me but acts like you" and we agreed we're "in for trouble." But, from everything I've heard about young J, who cares if our son is messy as long as he is kind, caring, creative, and has a good sense of humor - just like his dad. And, hopefully, he'll love and respect his mother as much or more than his dad. :)

We also found out that he is 10 days larger than expected! Reminding me that J was a 9 pounder. Of course, J's first thought was "basketball." So Gil, we'll have to work together on this one! I'm going to need your help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home