Monday, January 02, 2012

Farmer's Luck

On New Year's Eve, I posted the following to Facebook and want to share it here as well:
I've been living "The Farmer's Luck" story the last few days. You know the story? The farmer had a horse. It ran away. The neighbors said, "such bad luck." The next day the horse returned with two more, "such good luck." The best example from the last few days: as I'm driving, my car starts beeping and flashing an oil container symbol. The owner's manual says, "pull over. stop driving. call your dealer." Dealer says put in 1 quart of oil and bring it in. Get to the dealer, "Are you prepared to leave your car over the weekend?" "Um. No. Could you help me arrange a rental?" "I can do better. Here's a loaner. We're closed Monday so the soonest we'll get your car back to you is Tuesday." The free loaner? It's a bright red, 2011 Audi A4 with 900 miles, Sirius radio, heated leather seats, and goes really really fast. "Maybe good luck and bad luck are all mixed up. You never know what will happen next."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home