Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Spring!


breakfast game
Originally uploaded by anneke boudreau
Just like that....it's the end of March. I guess that's what happens when I bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, get sick, John travels, and my dad visits. So, it's been a great month. Zeb has many more words, my favorite is, "poop" - which he says very confidently and often at the appropriate time. For several weeks, he's been counting objects, "one, two, one, two, one." Last night, I was shocked when he lined up seven cars and clearly enumerated one through seven.

My dad was in town for a short visit while John was in Germany. I wish I had taken more photos, but between being sick and enjoying the visit, my camera didn't see much action. We have this one photo of grandpa hiding behind the rice milk box and Zeb laughing - good enough. It captures the fun that they had together. Also, it shows one of the dozen grapefruits that dad picked from the tree in his backyard. It's the best grapefruit - ever.

This last weekend, Zeb took his second trip to Canada. We went with another couple who is expecting their first this summer and since she wasn't skiing, she offered to hang out with Zeb. w00t! Free childcare - a rarity that we zealously seized. We had a great time on the mountain - Zeb even made it up on the gondola for lunch and some photos (coming soon - not from my camera).

Next, I need to take some photos of the yard and blab about the changes going on out there.

On a sad note, one of my colleagues, John Slatin, passed away this week. I wish I could make it to Austin this weekend. Since we worked on web guidelines together, perhaps a blog post will somehow be appropriate - my way of standing up in the public commons and honoring his memory. I'll miss you John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home