Saturday, March 01, 2008

General update


Zeb and Wendy at locks - 2
Originally uploaded by Three Seas
Words words words! When grandmomma arrived a few weeks ago, Z had started talking in 2 word sentences - and he didn't have too many combinations. By the time she left on Tuesday, he had started talking in 3 to 4 sometimes 5 word sentences. He's been adding about one new word to his vocabulary each day - sometimes more.

For example, the other day we were walking through the house and he pointed to the "door" and the "sun" (painting). A couple days ago he woke up at 6 (his usual time) and we heard him calling "momma! wet!" That was the first time he said, "wet" - until then if he wanted a diaper change he said "poop" whether it was poopy or not. "I threw ball in net" is one of his favorite sentences.

I wish there was a better way to document this stage, but there's too much too fast. Plus, my work has picked up and now it's gardening season! Today, I spent 4 hours planting the new specimens that I bought at the NW Flower and Garden Show (5 varieties of asiatic lily, 2 day lilies, 1 poppy, 1 calla lily, 2 hosta, 1 strawberry). I hope to put in another 4 hours tomorrow cleaning up weeds, laying mulch, and planting annuals to fill up the bare spots.

We had our first Master Gardener meeting of the season last week - kick-off for the clinic leaders. As Information Coordinator for our clinic, I went with our leader as a second set of ears. It's going to be a busy season. I have to get our materials in order!

Grandmomma took this photo of Z and I at the locks. Z is sitting in the cresting spiral of a metal wave sculpture and I'm behind him holding him up. We had a great trip to the locks. Z ran from the car, through the gardens, across the locks, and down into the salmon ladder viewing area...and back again. We were all happy for dinner at the LockSpot afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home