Saturday, November 17, 2007

chef in training

Last weekend, Z helped make pancakes. I see a future for him in quality assurance - he is a very thorough tester.

As for me, I am elevating my cooking game with new tools and techniques: canning, a new roasting pan, raw foods, green smoothies, braised garlic, stainless steel tongs, kitchen towels, borrowed cookbooks, and a subscription to "Cook's kitchen." I focused this year's holiday list on cooking-related items, including a Cooking Basics class at Culinary Communion.

This week I aim to cook my first Thanksgiving turkey - an organic, locally raised turkey through Pioneer Organics and have been testing z-ified versions of holiday standards. Hoping that folks won't miss the cream, butter, and all of that, but providing it on the side if desired.

Most of the recipes I'm using are vegan except I'm substituting meat for beans - a twist that I never thought possible. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home