Thursday, May 10, 2007

one thing leads to another

What is it about family blogs? Keeping up with my friends through their blogs is fun - they are great writers, they share fantastic stories about raising children, and I always learn something.

Lately, I'm keeping up with families who (whom?) I have never met. I've stopped reading books (gasp!). I'm no longer interested in learning from "experts." I'm much more interested in learning how folks in the blogosphere are living day-to-day. Reading about their triumphs and tribulations stimulates my creativity; reading expert advice tends to stimulate anxiety.

It's helpful to know that no matter how much you know, it's trial and error - even the "expert" on NPR said that about raising his own children! So there. Neener neener neener.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home