Sunday, April 15, 2007

blooming

Everything is in bloom, including me and Z. I haven't been sure what to write and have been a little leery of saying anything - I don't want to jinx us. But, we had an awesome week! I can't seem to do much more than list everything:
  • I finally finished the raised bed for the rhodi, sarcococca, and hebe. Last week's theme was "flowers" and Z helped me plant 3 pansies and 2 primroses under the rhodi. I look at it from the kitchen window. We're spending more time in the dog yard. I moved a bench and Z's adirondack chair out there. We bought wood to build a sand box. It's a whole new "room" for us to explore, decorate, and inhabit.
  • Two trips in one week to the craft store for supplies (clay, foam shapes, paper, paints).
  • Another batch of books from the library.
  • A play date every day! I think that is the underlying key to our "success."
  • Z and I were both well and able to meet up with folks everyday.
  • Our Master Gardener clinic had our first organizational meeting. I volunteered to take on an additional role. That's me - jumping in with both feet!
  • I met with 3 other ladies to brainstorm a fun, creative project. I can't wait to start working on it.
  • I had another cranial sacral session. Fantastic and relaxing.
  • On Sunday, Lori and I shared the most amazing piece of chocolate cake from dish d'lish and I had an intense sugar craving the rest of the week and I indulged more often than I should have. wow. It led to junk food and junk t.v. but I think it's out of my system. whew.
It feels so good to be involved in our community and helping others AND it feels good to be helped by others. It used to be so hard for me to ask for help, but I realize that it's part of relationships - give and take. I have more friends than I've had in a while and it is invigorating. I've missed having a community. For so long, my community was through work and most of them were thousands of miles away.

I haven't felt this "at home" in a long time - probably since college. I love having various "circles" to run in - gardening, mothering, geeking.

This morning in yoga class, as we felt the rise and fall of our breath in our bellies, I was amazed that mine used to hold a baby...this little *boy* who is funny and cute, an awesome climber, with a great imagination. How does that happen? Is this real? I'm dreaming, right? Me? A mom? When did that happen?!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home