Wednesday, November 15, 2006

misc. updates

I figure I've been fighting mastitis for a month now. ouch. The last batch of antibiotics ended Monday. The pain seems to be gone, I have energy back (about 80%), but my stomach is a mess.

Z, on the other hand, is thriving. Yesterday, he took a couple of steps without holding onto anything. He imitates Gene Simmons from the 80's rock band Kiss - touching his tongue to his chin while singing. It seems to be a combination of "fun with the tongue" and feeling the upward-moving teeth hiding beneath his gums. I'm enjoying the toothless grin as long as I can - not to mention the toothless nursing.

Yesterday, I received my acceptance letter into the Master Gardner program at Washington State University (extension). It starts in January and lasts 12 weeks.

I haven't started working, yet, but Z starts daycare the week after Thanksgiving. My emotions are mixed: excited for the time to focus but can't imagine spending that many hours without him. I expect to physically ache for him.

T&T had a baby girl on Monday! We can't wait to meet her and see how the new parents are doing...and deliver them food.

I've been feeling a bit isolated, but I think it's related to being sick.

ahhhh...he's awake.....just some random notes while I have a brief moment of time....

2 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

What's the master gardeners program? It sounds cool! Good luck with daycare, I am sure you will do fine with it once you adjust... Z will, too. (((hugs)))

3:57 PM  
Blogger koalie said...

Just thought I'd tell you that now I have the "TNT" song by AC/DC in my head ;)

Cheerio

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home