Monday, November 27, 2006

cutting teeth

Z and I are both "cutting teeth" - him literally, me figuratively. His first teeth - the top two - broke through his gums today WHILE I was at my first day of work. He's going to look like a beaver! My personal mascot to cheer me on as I reenter the workforce. (Considering that this is Yet Another Engineering Department, it makes sense to add another mascot to the list...I've been a bluejay, a maroon, a badger, an engineer, and now a husky with a beaver sidekick.)

Today was orientation, nothing too strenuous. Plus, he was with J. The real test will be Wednesday when he goes to daycare for the first time (I hope...still waiting for confirmation from the center) and I will have real work to do.

All of us have been ill, so I've been slow to post. We spent Thanksgiving eating turkey tacos and watching a "Six Feet Under" marathon all the while sniffing, snotting, coughing, and teething...that description makes it sound really horrible, when in fact it was rather nice. Mellow.

Speaking of feet, Z's personal walking record is up to 8 steps at one time. It's almost time for a pedometer. Before we know it, he'll be kicking down the cobble stones, looking for fun and feelin' groovy. Doot-in' doo-doo, feelin' groovy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

I'll be thinking of you as you start your new job and next phase of motherhood (toddlerhood, perhaps soon!) Six feet under marathons are always good for your health! Try "The Wire" next time a naughty bug comes your way.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home