Monday, October 16, 2006

A random list of other news

  • We bought a 1984 smurf blue toyota land cruiser, or as we've been calling it - a land bruiser. It's the dogs' new shuttle to the dog park and Z and my in-town car. Finally, a vehicle that comfortably fits us all! It has a huge steering wheel and the gear shifter has a ski pole as a handle. I've never driven a school bus, but when I get behind the wheel of the bruiser, I like to pretend I'm ferrying a crew to class.
  • One of the most exciting aspects of the pre-pre school class is the scholastic book club! I have fond memories of those thin paper lists of books from my elementary school days.
  • On the trip to Victoria we heard - from two separate sources - that the longer it takes for a baby to get teeth, the stronger those teeth will be. It is probably an urban legend that was floating amongst the ferry passengers...
  • I said I would say more about the hippo. Z loves to play in the bathtub - all sorts of games that toggle between really cute and really scary. Also, with his skin, I'm not always excited for bathtime to go on and on, but he's not so excited when I cut it "short." Knowing that when the hippo enters the water Z will want to exit...is probably scarring him for life...I hope I don't have one of the only kids scared of hippos when his class visits the zoo.
  • I went out for drinks at a bar with people and music. No husband, no baby, just me and my friends. I stayed out as long as I could stay awake - one-ish? It was awesome. Thank heavens for no more nighttime nursing.
  • While in Victoria, J and I came up with some funny songs. My two favorites, "come be a bum" (victoria has an unusually high homeless population) and "monkey not a cow" (a song about z).
  • My glasses found their way across the room at 3 a.m. the other night, so I ended up at LensCrafters the next day. Since they have a 30 day return policy, I tried red frames. Thank heavens for the return policy. Hopefully, I'll be back in black by the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home