Thursday, October 05, 2006

pre-pre-school

Today was our first day at the infant co-op - 25 babies ages 6-12 months and their parents. For 2 hours each week, we sing songs, have a snack, learn about child development and play...oh how we play. It was amazing to see Z interact with the other parents - mostly moms - and children. Watching him crawl into the laps of other people was amazing. Not many of the other kids were that...affectionate. Of course, after some love the parent would eventually pick him up, twist up their face in wonder, turn him around, point him in my direction and ask, "how much does he weigh?"

I think Z had a blast. There were all sorts of new toys and people to interact with. He really likes our teacher - dB. She is very animated.

I haven't found a sitter to hang out with him while I work and seeing how much he enjoyed being around other people, I started looking at our daycare options. I burst into tears when I read: "You will enjoy regular communication with teachers, including daily notes, so that you are informed about your child's day." (Knowledge Learning Corporation - Infants Overview) I can't imagine missing anything! ooo - how it hurts.

Thankfully, there are several promising leads for nannies on craigslist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

I meant to do this at 4 am the other night, but I was too busy "tripping" over the laundry basket. Cool to hear the babies are organizing! What an outgoing little Zebathon you got there. Hope you get a great sitter/nanny, and I'll bet you'll enjoy a little time to work, but I do hear you on the seperation issue! Thanks for the linkadinks tutorial, and now I must abuse them before I can learn to use them ever so sparingly and effectivly...

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home