Wednesday, October 18, 2006

9 months

Z turned 9 months old today. He's been outside the womb as long as he was in it. Not sure why that's such a cool thing to realize, but I've been thinking about it all day.

We started our day walking in the rain around Green Lake with KMM. We decided to only walk 15 minutes then turn around, which was perfect timing for Z's tolerance of the rain cover over the jogging stroller. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, then slept for an hour.

After he woke, ate, and played for a bit, I packed us in the car to search for new toys and some clothes. We were wildly successful: a "walker," a toy piano, a xylophone, a couple of wooden castanets, 2 pairs of pajamas, 1 pair of pants, and 2 pairs of rompers. I also found a reasonably priced car seat (for the bruiser), some more child proofing gear, and a cover for the bathtub spigot, but didn't buy any of those. I didn't find mittens or a rain coat.

I felt like I was shopping for his birthday....not sure if it's because today's 9 months or because we attended his friend's one year birthday party...regardless, I'm feeling festive.

To add to the festivities, tonight is the season finale of Project Runway - one of two television shows that I obsess over (the other is the new Battlestar Galactica). I've been reading a few of the online disucssions analyzing the last episode and predicting the winner. It's also been fun talking with ED about the show since our return from Chicago.

I think Z is beginning to wave - he raises his arm in the air and squeezes his hand. He also seems close to clapping - which isn't surprising considering how much clapping happens during pre-pre-school...and I have to admit I'm encouraging it. It's totally cute when little kids clap in delight.

I can't figure out if he's teething or has developed more control over his tongue. He keeps running his tongue along his gums. I keep hoping it's because he feels something strange there - a tooth! - but...no sign of pearly whites, yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger sp1ral said...

not yet. thank goodness i was driving the bruiser!

8:31 PM  
Blogger erika said...

Out of the womb as long as he was in it... Wow. That's a really interesting thing to note. I had never thought of that, but it seems so special, and now I'm regretting that we never celebrated 9 month birthdays. : )

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home