Tuesday, September 19, 2006

sleep!

Z decided to celebrate his 8th month birthday by sleeping. Hooray! I don't want to jinx us...this could all be a fluke...but he fell asleep at 9 p.m. then J sat straight up in bed at 3 a.m. and whispered a panicked, "is he o.k.?" Z was still breathing so we decided to go back to sleep. I'm not sure what happened next...it's a lovely, sleepy blur....I think Z slept until 4 then I held him for about 10 minutes while he went back to sleep. Then, I think he woke again between 5 and 6 and J brought him in to nurse. At some point, the boys made breakfast while I snoozed for a few more minutes. If I'm doing the math correctly - which is always debatable - we may have actually slept for 7 hours and he went without nursing for 8 - setting a new house record and a personal best for Z.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but at least we know it's possible. Earlier in the day I was doubting our latest approach, settling into the fact that it could be months before we get a decent night of sleep. Then, voila! A nice surprise from Z...although it was probably just a tease...letting me get some rest before he starts waking up even more...heh. Well, whatever. I'll keep him anyway. He's pretty cute.

1 Comments:

Blogger erika said...

Hooray! Such fabulous news! I knew you could do it... now he may regress a little here and tere, but just keep up what you're doing and he'll be consistent in no time! Yay Z!!!!!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home