Monday, September 25, 2006

one step forward


hummingbird feeder
Originally uploaded by anneke boudreau.
Someone in the nasal pantheon must have been listening. Z didn't sleep well for 2 nights, but on the 3rd (Saturday) he slept for 5, woke briefly then slept some more. Sunday, I woke with energy! As I walked out of the grocery store, I realized that I was in a *great* mood for the first time in months.

I've been meditating every day - a pact that I made with LMcG. We're not workout buddies, we're meditation buddies. We're going to fulfill our ultimate purposes.

Friday, I told Granny that the hummingbird feeder that I hung in August has gone unnoticed - to my dismay. I found a gorgeous, wood handmade feeder at an art fair in Wisconsin in August. I had been looking at feeders all summer and wasn't too crazy about the plastic ones but was going to buy one as soon as we returned from vacation. I had seen a hummingbird perch on one of the wires outside Z's window and twice had seen one flying near the northwest corner of our house. An experiened hummingbird hostess, she gave me ideas about where to place and how to hang the feeder. Saturday, as J and I sat in the living room (weepy from watching "50 First Dates"), the green shimmer of a hummingbird flitted around the feeder. Someone has discovered it! I refilled it and left it where it is. I've lost track of how many times per day I wonder if he or she has returned...I am on a mission for a photograph.

J finally met our neighbors - RT, ST, KT and ZT. ZT is only a couple weeks old. It's great to have another set of parents who live so close and we seem to have a lot in common. I look forward to getting to know them better - lots more bbqs!

I've been talking with RT about work...and actually looking forward to it. A week ago J and I realized that - as J predicted - I will need to bring in money starting in January. I spent a few hours online this weekend catching up with recent technology news and just taking it all in - surfing the web, something I haven't enjoyed doing for a while - funny that. I feel the changes in the season - like flora am sinking roots deeper and wider to support new blooms early next year.

All of these things are contributing to an upbeat mood around the house. We all felt it yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home