Friday, June 23, 2006

just me and the boy

J and friends drove to Spokane to play in Hoopfest - a three-on-three basketball tournament - so Z and I are here alone this weekend. Tonight, we're joining the ladies for poker. Tomorrow, we're going to CB's birthday party (she's already 2!), Sunday we're having dinner with E.E. and parents.

I bought a new car seat today - although I'm not sure that I like it yet. It will take some getting used to. I've begun phasing in the next size of clothes - 12 months. I think the visit to Grandmomma and Granny will be perfectly timed for maximum spoilage and hopefully clothes shopping. :)

I only have four days of work left. It hasn't totally sunk in although it became more real this week as my replacement started. There were several times when I listened to colleagues talking about x or y that needed to be done and they associated my replacement with those tasks instead of me! I'm a lame duck! :)

I've been thinking about what I would have done differently over the last 10 years, what I've learned, the places I've traveled. I have a few regrets but I am mostly thankful for the opportunities I have had. I haven't felt too many emotions, although I suppose I'm mildly wavering between sadness and excitement. It seems that given the slow transition I've accepted the decision, but there are nights like tonight where I feel...purposeful...I'm not sure if I'm mourning, or excited, or...present. I'm watching Z who is laying on the floor, holding his hands above his face intertwining his fingers and razzing. The sun is setting over the Olymic Mountains but still high and bright enough that the wall of white, drawn curtains is glowing. All the windows are open and the air is fresh and warm - 76 degrees. I'm listening to a mix of recently purchased music - Zero 7, Gorillaz, Carl Craig - moody, mellow, beats.

Time to move on...make some dinner, adjust the new car seat, withdraw some cash, play some poker, hang out with the ladies...just me and the boy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

Lovely image of "the moment." See what the world brings you next...!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home