Monday, April 03, 2006

part-time

Yesterday was my first day working part-time. We'll experiment with working 5 hours per day for 4 days per week. When a colleague asked for an update, I answered:
It's incredible to watch him figure out his hands, neck, torso, mouth, vocal chords, brain...and think of how much more he has to learn. To realize there is only so much that i can teach him. I'm primarily cheerleader and environment provider - not only for him but also for me as my innate abilities unfold. Life feels like a vacation. I hope this feeling lasts.
Folks were happy to have me back, which felt good. I will need to firmly maintain boundaries, although it is much easier than it used to be - especially when Z starts crying for food at the exact time I said I would stop working for the day.

It will take me a few days to get organized, to prioritize everything. Since I've missed so much, it's like starting with a clean slate which is refreshing. I hope to leave some old work habits behind and look forward to creating some new ones.

1 Comments:

Blogger koalie said...

Welcome back, Wendy!
We missed you (and I was glad to read your blog and look at your photos while you were away)

3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home