Sunday, March 19, 2006

visitors


Z and Uncle Z
Originally uploaded by countzachula.
Z continues to receive visitors. Uncle Z was here last week and LMcG was here this weekend. This week, Z may meet another college friend and next weekend LMcG's husband, SdG - who cooked our Thai Christmas dinner for us.

Other than that, it wasn't a very eventful weekend. I started gardening this a.m. around 8 - I wanted to take advantage of the sun. Luckily, the sky stayed clear and we had a beautiful day. SB and CW stopped by for a visit and brought their pup to play with ours. I think we all appreciated the visit. Z showed off his smile and we played the part of proud parents.

Z and J napped most of the day to the NCAA men's basketball games. We're happy to see Gonzaga advance although sorry that they eliminated Grandmomma's and Great Grandmomma's team (Indiana U).

The garden continues to dominate my thoughts. One thing I did this morning was lay boards across an area where Iko has been digging...but it only took him 3 hours to find another place to dig. I know that he's digging because he isn't getting the attention and exercise that he is used to. I understand why he's digging and know the best solution is exercise, but it frustrates me nonetheless. I so badly want to realize my garden vision in the front yard but am wary of Iko's potential destruction. I'm considering ferns as an inexpensive experiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home