Thursday, February 02, 2006

bjorn identity

My favorite new recipe: pour one fussy Zeb into baby bjorn carrier. buckle up. walk around for about 5 minutes. voila! instant sleeping baby.

This a.m. we slept until 9, I fed him, changed his diaper, and then he was fussy. I put him in the bjorn and Presto! Now we can watch the super bowl hype in peace. Go hawks!!

My father's family is from Erie, PA - where I was born - and we lived in Pittsburgh until 1977 - during the 1975 super bowl win over Minnesota and the 1976 win over Dallas. My aunts sent Zeb a steelers bib and although my mom is cheering for the Steelers, she bought Zeb a Seahawks bib. He can wear the Steelers bib during 1st half and the Hawks during the 2nd...or not wear the Steelers bib at all. :)

Wednesday (?), momma and I took Z to Freddie's and then to the market. It was the first time I've driven him in the car/car seat and the first time I've taken him in public in the bjorn carrier. Even though we were out for less than an hour I was exhausted by the time we returned home.

Friday was an even bigger challenge - we drove the 45 minutes to Woodinville so that I could get my teeth cleaned. Mom sat with Z in the waiting room and he slept the whole hour. We made it home just in time for him to wake and feed. I'm happy to have a mouth of clean teeth.

I'm within 10 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. They say that it takes 9 months to put on the weight and it should take 9 months to take it off. At this rate, I'll have it off within 3 - 4 weeks even though I'm eating like I've never eaten before. Yikes. I've also heard that it's less about taking the weight off and more about regaining the prepregnancy shape. It will definitely be a challenge to regain my abs from my first maternity photo.

This week, I haven't been following up on offers to cook us meals or responding to emails. I think I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed - the sleepless nights are catching up with me. We received a pack of bottles yesterday. I hope to start pumping this week so that J can do one feeding each night so that I can sleep for longer chunks. We're also hoping to go on our first date on 18 February - his one month birthday. Hopefully, a meal at Pasta Bella. mmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home