Thursday, January 05, 2006

T-3...and counting

Gilhooly was active all day yesterday, so we figured he must be having his going away party. "Bladder, you've been an excellent pillow. Sorry about all the pressure. Boobs, I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. See ya placenta, you've been a life maker." Placenta responds, "Dude! I got your back. I'll be right behind ya."

LMG has been here since New Year's and it's been absolutely wonderful. We've finished several things around the house, plus we made cookies, she cleaned the kitchen, cooked dinner, then gave me a massage! I'm feeling very relaxed and ready to welcome Gilhooly to our home.

I've been thinking about what I'll miss about being pregnant as well as what I won't miss. What I'll miss:
  • being treated like a queen
  • watching my belly move
  • knowing that Gilhooly hears me sing offkey and hoping that he inherits J's ability to sing in tune
  • always having an excuse to take a nap
  • moving slowly
  • feeling like a universe
  • always having an excuse to get up, move around, or leave a room (gotta pee!)
What I won't miss:
  • maternity clothes
  • swollen ankles and hands
  • butterfingers (i.e., dropping everything)
  • having to bend over with a full belly to pick up everything that I drop
This morning's visit to the doctor was uneventful. I've gained 2 more pounds (all those cookies...), my belly measures 40 cm (right on target), I'm not dilated, my blood pressure is good, blah blah blah. On the other hand, I'm 43 inches around...I wonder what my waist used to measure? I wonder what it will measure in 6 months. I'll keep you posted...I'm looking forward to continuing this blog as Gilhooly grows and I shrink. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home