Tuesday, January 17, 2006

patience is a virtue

I know several folks were hoping that no news yesterday was good news and that we were in labor. I'm sorry to report that we weren't. We had another fetal stress test in the morning: contractions are still irregular and weak, his heartrate looks good. After lunch we had an ultrasound to determine his weight, and check amniotic fluid, placental health, and the flow of fluids through the umbilical cord. Everything checked out o.k. The biggest shock was her initial estimate that he was 11 pounds. After tilting me partly upside down to get his head out of my pelvis so she could take more measurements, she said 10 pounds. This test has an error rate of +/- 2 pounds...we're obviously hoping for -2. She said babies over 9 pounds are usually not delivered vaginally which was disappointing to hear. We did some research online to come up with a few possible game plans then watched a couple movies, went back to the gym, and ate more spicy food.

Stubborn little fella!

1 Comments:

Blogger rocklizard said...

Oh yes, I had indeed been hoping no news was good news. And, the fact that everything is still looking good is of course good news. I don't think I could possible be as patient as you sound. I'd be so anxious to have the baby already that I probably would have pulled all my hair out by now. I don't wait well... But perhaps this is why you are about to be a mother and I am not.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home