Wednesday, December 28, 2005

happy holidays!

two metallic, white, glittering snowflakes hang in front of a red wall
Friday (23 December) was my last day of work and LMG and SdG from Portland showed up for the weekend. Saturday SdG cooked a Thai meal for xmas eve, Sunday a.m. I cooked pancakes, an apple brown betty, and various proteins (sausages, bacon) for LMG, SdG, MB, SJ, J, and myself. Sunday afternoon TS^2 brought a spaetzle dish to add to the smorgasborg that SdG was concocting. LMG and I baked cookies.

Monday I was pretty tired from the festivities. J had the day off so we loused around. Tuesday we shopped for a few remaining xmas presents and items for Gilhooly.

Today I imagine that my burst of cleaning and organizing energy could be labeled "nesting." I cleaned our bedroom and set up the portable bassinet next to our bed; set up the changing pad on the dresser and organized the drawers for changing and dressing; finished wrapping xmas presents to ship; wrote and printed a birth plan; gathered clothes, diapers, etc. to take to the hospital; reread the chapter about labor and delivery; reread about Capricorns; washed and reassembled the car seat; found baby photos of me, J, and ZHC to take with me to the hospital to help me visualize "the purpose," etc. etc.

I told Gilhooly that he is welcome to arrive any day now. We're ready for him and excited to meet him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home