Friday, December 02, 2005

a good visit

This morning my doctor's appointment was with one of the other doctors in the "group" - it was good to experience a different doctor in case ours is not available when we go into labor. As usual, they checked my weight, blood pressure, listened to his heartbeat, and measured my belly.

She asked what position he was in and I guessed that his head was down, his back to my left, and his legs and arms to my right. The doctor felt my belly and said, "yep. here's a foot...and I think that's a bum...let's see for sure." Then she wheeled out the ultrasound! We saw his head, his back, a hand, his face, and she was looking for his penis but I'm not sure if she saw it or not (I didn't). We were right - he's head down with his back to my left. She said that at this point there is only about a 5% chance of him flipping - keep your fingers crossed that he's comfortable in this position for the next 6 weeks.

She also said there was a lot of fluid in there - which is a good thing - they worry if there isn't enough. She guesses that he's already 6 pounds! I wasn't scheduled to come in again until the 16th, but she felt that I was far enough along that I needed to come in again next week and I have appointments scheduled every week until he arrives.

Mom sent more information about my birth and my brother's. I hope mine is a good estimate of what we're in for - about 10 hours. Also, I was born at 2 a.m. the day after my due date and my brother was two weeks early. With Gilhooly already at 6 pounds, I wonder if he'll be close to his due date...if so, I won't get to have him on Friday the 13th like I was hoping for. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger artifishall said...

y'all forgot zaphod

3:43 PM  
Blogger sp1ral said...

I keep thinking that the long form of Zeb could be "Zebadeau" - ala the "Boudreau & Tibodeau" series of Louisianian jokes.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home