Sunday, November 20, 2005

roller bed

I've been dreaming of a human-sized, pillowy "hot dog roller grill" for use in bed...

Each night I will sleep on my right side for a while then something will wake me: an arm gone numb, sore ribs, a full bladder - and I need to roll over to my left side to either fall back asleep or to get out of bed. No big deal, right? Except that rolling over is no longer a simple task. A few months ago we bought a new mattress - one of those incredibly cushy pillow-top mattresses where it's not so much a matter of lying down but sinking in. It's great, unless your abdominal muscles have been coopted by a baby, you are shaped like St. Nick, and that lovely pillow-top dampens any possible chance of momentum. Now that I have a kickstand for a belly, the elegance of rolling over has devolved into a push-up-and-flop bedquake that wakes both Gilhooly and J. If only a press of a button could rotate me one direction or the other...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home