Wednesday, July 27, 2005

week 16

I finally began leaking the news to co-workers this week. Being the geeks that they are, they created an online survey to guess if the baby will be a boy or girl and to suggest names. One person said that their guess for "girl" was based on the statement, "I asked the computer:
expr $RANDOM % 2 && echo girl || echo boy" and another suggested the name, "Jaretyn Napaldyie Norwatgary" from a list of random names generated at a web site.

Thankfully, friends brought hand-me-down maternity clothes to J's bday party on Sunday because I needed them on Monday. I've now gained 7 pounds and have been gaining the recommended 1 pound per week.

Saturday I walked 3 miles, then gardened afternoon, then went to dinner and movie. Walking out of the movie it hurt to laugh. Maybe all that bending over wasn't such a good idea....or maybe that's just my muscles expanding to make room for Gilhooly.

We have our 3rd appointment this Friday. Probably too early to tell if Gilhooly is a boy or girl, but I hope to be reassured that everything is still looking healthy.

Co-workers are asking for photos, but I'm going to wait for a month until my belly looks more like a pod and less like the remnants of a big meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home